Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gray

I remember on my friend Erin's blog about her trip to Sweden a post where she was talking about having some not-so-great days. She didn't go into detail, but the post stuck with me because it was so different from her other posts.

I'm experiencing that now, and I'm doing my best to recover. It's hard to find encouragement in oneself, so I'm very grateful for the fact that my family is keeping in contact with me. I really miss them.

At times like these, I read my Bible more than usual and pray a little harder. I was really touched by the passage in Esther where part of Mordecai's message to her, before she goes to the king unbidden, was "for such a time as this." My mom said maybe God is wanting me to do some growing up while I'm here. Maybe that's why I'm experiencing this and feeling this way. Maybe I'm here "for such a time as this."

All I can do is try a little harder and keep my chin up.
It rained the other day pretty much all day. It reflected my mood perfectly. But it's time for some sunshine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment