Sunday, October 3, 2010

Excursion! Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, Part II

Marisa staring up at the entrance of a painter's atelier.
The dogs here have been consistently very well-mannered.
An awkwardly-taken picture of my lunch. We were standing.
It's a tomato and goat cheese sandwich. I've never had goat cheese before. Wow, it's good. I liked it so much a got a small wheel of it today.
After lunch, we went inside the church that I included a picture of in my last post. It's huge and dim inside.
Unfortunately, because of the lighting, most of my pictures didn't turn out.
Garden outside of the church. This picture doesn't capture how pretty and refreshing it was.
Pond in the garden. See the fish? The really big ones were at the bottom.
A better view of the castle ruins atop the cliff. Some people climbed up there and saw it close up.
After that, we had some free time, so another girl in the program, Julianna, and I went off exploring. We went to some cute shops (she even bought a headband), took some pictures, and chatted as we walked through the scrawny little streets. Right before we went back to the bus, we headed down into an area that had some beautiful, clear blue water.
Julianna's sweater almost matches it.
Nature is lovely, isn't it?
Julianna kept voicing the desire to jump in. Oo, girl, don't do it.
We were soon joined by others from our group. Harin's instructions for this picture: "Point epicly."
The end! Note: this isn't our entire group, it's just those of us who aren't taking pictures and who showed up to the bus on time.
Everybody was exhausted (and a lot of us had headaches) when we were finished (there were a ton of stairs involved in this trip) and most of us dozed on the bus on the way back. I was so tired I basically climbed right into bed when I got to my room, still in my clothes. Several of us want to go back, though.

Ending sidenote: It's October already! I'll already be leaving here the month after next. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment